The Alamo Methodist Church was organized in the year 1849. It is believed to be the oldest Church in this section of West Tennessee. In the year 1866, this beautiful structure was begun. It was used until 1947, when construction was begun on our present building. The bulding was used by the church as a place of worship for a period of eighty year. The Dedication Service was held on June 8, 1869.